Sunday 7 February 2010

Laying down my pen

Well, I tried. For a while now I've been crafting witty, wise blog entries with liberal dashes of self-deprecating humour and a quirky slant on the world. The snag is that I haven't posted any of them. Some lurk as drafts, condemned to walk the battlements of cyberspace like the ghost of Hamlet's father. The rest squat inside my head while their topicality dribbles away with their potential. I can't believe in any of it enough to have the burning conviction that I must share it with other people. This one is different in that it will see the light of day. If you're reading this, I'm right, and I've managed to bring myself to publish it. I have tried. This is the second blog I've launched. I think this one has lasted a little longer, though I can't be sure. I do know that I tried to give up blogging once before and came back. This might be a boring rehash of all that has gone before, but right now I don't think I can do this any more. Thank you for bearing with me this far. Adieu. (Or possibly, just possibly, au revoir.)

5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Hey!!!

Don;t go away, come back! Come back!

I just found you!!

You should see my blog - it's all pics of cats and recipes I've nicked off freebie papers and witttering on about nowt in particular but hey - that's why tis a blog! (I think I posted 40+ entries in January alone - 99.9 % of it forgettable but they made sense to me when I posted them!).

Oh I hope you return - oh now don't go!!! Post about anything, I'd read em!

:-)

Take care and please return soon!

x

Lexi said...

Your only problem is an undue modesty. Why not post your thoughts, and let your readers decide their worth?

I enjoy your blog, and I'm seriously picky.

Ann said...

Don't go! I enjoy reading your blog too.

Parish Spinster said...

Thank you, you're all very kind. (Sniffle.)

I'm trying to stick to my new year's (ir)resolution not to write, and even this mishmash of a blog flouts that. Still, I'm not known for sticking to my decisions so I dare say I'll start up again before long.

Thanks again.

And I do read your blogs, you know... :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.